Tuesday, April 26, 2005

A scene from work (don't worry, I washed my hands before typing this)

(Characters: Dr. Science and a travelling microscope salesman
The time is about 10 minutes ago.)

Him: Hey there, how's it...whoa.
Me: Yep.
Him: Um...
Me: Yeah, I'm kinda in the middle of something.
Him: I can see. Is that dead?
Me: Oh yeah. It'd have to be.
Him: That looks, um...interesting.
Me: What I'm doing is easily one of the most bizarre things I've had to do in the name of science. It's important that you know that.
Him: Have you done this before?
Me: No, this is a first.
Him: Huh.
Me: In fact, I'd love to tell people about how weird this is, but I'm pretty sure I'd rather they just didn't know how I spent my afternoon.
Him: So, why are you...no, never mind. Well, I'll, um...go. Good luck with that. (awkwardly sidesteps his way out)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If it was dead when you started, was it dead when you finished? If I receive a box with air-holes in it from NY should I open it?