Monday, April 25, 2005

Hat trick! Hat trick!

"Ramshackle," with an emphasis on "shack," might be the most accurate way to conjure for you the image of the site of last night's fun. A loosely-confederated and architecturally questionable structure built inside a concrete warehouse in a post-industrial part of Brooklyn was home to "The Hang," a party, musical performance, and feast. For six bucks you got a plate of hot, to-die-for Senegalese food and a comfy seat from which to watch visiting African musicians jam with local artists. Everyone was invited to take part in playing music (sadly I did not have my bass, because why would I have been carrying that around?), and there was a really nice, at-home sort of feel, despite the odd surroundings.

I'd like to point out that in one weekend here I saw a brass band performing Bjork, pretend wrestlers and punk bands from japan, and some incredible african music for a grand total of thirty dollars (which would have been twenty-four if I hadn't wanted to eat at the Hang). Although it'd be nice to have some company (did you know that the majority of stuff I write about doing on here, I do by myself?), I have to say that New York never ceases to offer great chances to have weird fun.

Rock.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll be your company when I get there! Rock!

The once and future Dr. Science said...

Huzzah! Now just hurry up and get here!