Thursday, November 16, 2006

Crazytown checks in

Every once in a while New York will flex its crazy-muscles just to remind me that it's top of the weird pile. Tonight was one such time. Roaming around and deep in thought though I was, something caught my eye and snapped me back to reality as I walked through Washington Square Park. And I could not regret more my not carrying my camera at the time.

The item in question was a taxidermied squirrel standing upright with a large paper model plane in its mouth. On it was a sign that read:

"Hello, my name is Kitty Boo.
I was electrified.
A nice man gave me this hat and airplane.
TAKE ME HOME."

The hat, sadly, was nowhere to be found; and no, I did not take Kitty Boo home.

This concludes our gentle reminder. Thank you for choosing New York City, where our motto is, "Yeah, sure, why not?"

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ah, but you didn't see it? About a foot behind him lay a petite hat made of folded notebook paper. I thought of resetting it, and well... changed my mind... for obvious reasons.