Sunday, November 12, 2006

And that's not all!

As for the rest of my trip, there were a number of great things. It was very hectic, and at times frustrating, but overall it was really, really good for me to be home. So, the highlights and lowlights, for your perusal:

- Spending 16 hours at Laguardia because stupid Spirit Airlines is managed by a bunch of stupid jerks. Never again, if I can help it, will I lash my fate to their bargain basement enterprise.

- Saw Nightmare Before Christmas in 3D!!! It was fantastic and looked great. I'd forgotten how good that movie is.

- Attended the Halloween Bang, which was filled with a very different crowd from previous The Bangs I'd been to, and not different good. Definitely the other kind of different. The drunken, ruiner-of-faith-in-humanity kind.

- Attended a co-op party where my good old pal JP's band was playing. This turned out to be, incidentally, the exact same co-op party as every other co-op party anyone has ever been to, ever. Just as strange, just as many people trying to have drunken sex on the floor of a crowded room, just as many kids smoking on the porch. (shakes head)

- Cooked pheasant. Pheasant! Who does that? My sister Hilary and I do. Pheasant, lamb, and lobster tail.

- Danced tango, salsa, and merengue. Sometimes in socks, and twice in Angell Hall.

- Made the annual family visit to Haunted Greenfield Vilage in costume as dead monks and were, again, confused for being part of the event. Ended up in a LOT of pictures again.

- Attended a workshop on theatre and social justice, where I talked about Matrix and its relationship to the RC, and was made to stereotype members of the Rotary Club for dramatic purposes. Not my shiningest theatre moment.

- Saw two of my oldest friends in the world, Craig and Naomi. It's funny how certain people can just make you feel more like yourself than you have in a long time, more comfortable and capable and happy. We recorded an audio-card for our friend who is getting married in New Zealand, and made sure to include vital marriage advice. I'm sure you can imagine how simultaneously helpful and misinformed our words will be upon reaching her.

- AND saw lots of friends, loved ones, and family. Ate lots of food, walked great distances, told stories, laughed, and had a very wonderful time.

No comments: