Monday, May 23, 2005

Oh, my stars and garters!

Q. What do several hundred people, forty or so Burlesque performers, brunch, and a ride on a showboat through the hudson river have to do with my Sunday afternoon?

A. Nothing my mother should be told about. (take that hint, mom) Certainly not the New York Burlesque Festival, in which one of Andrea K's friends was a performer.

After Friday's circus fun, Saturday was spent wandering the city, doing work (ugh), catching the new and ridiculously bad-tastic new Christian Slater and L.L. Cool J movie Mindhunters, and partying on the roof of an abandoned schoolhouse next to an inflatable bed, a coffin, and some razor wire with about a gazillion people. Sunday, therefore, had to be extra-bizarre, and so it was that we attended the Burlesque festival on a boat. Several of the acts were really, really funny and cool (Andrea's friend's act being one of those), and some were just kind of boring. Of course, if my twelve-year-old self ever heard me say that seeing any woman take her clothes off was boring, I'd beat myself up. But, well, here we are.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What great accounts of our weekend adventures! They are SO great, in fact, that I'm linking you to my blog because I really couldn't have said it better myself. Hope you don't mind!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! even though we dont know eachother and I've only met Andrea once, but she wrote about your awesomeness and said everyone should wish you a happy birthday. So there you go!

erin
(ride_em_cowgirl)

Anonymous said...

Happy Happy Birthday and we'll see you in a couple of weeks. I hope your and Andrew's proliferation for cake extends to today, most fabulous of days!

Anonymous said...

Being 25 years old on 5/25 of 2005, there has to be all kinds of good fortune coming your way today. Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, what they said! Happy golden birthday, my friend!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, you've been alive for approximately nine thousand, one hundred and thirty one days. At 24 hours a pop, that's a rather impressive chunk of time! Cheers.

Anonymous said...

alles Gute zum Geburtstag
ευτυχή γενέθλια
buon compleanno
誕生日おめでとう
축 생일
feliz aniversario
с днем рождения
feliz cumpleaños
生日快乐
生日快樂
gelukkige verjaardag
joyeux anniversaire