Saturday, May 28, 2005

Birthdaypaloozamaniafest spectacular '05

Well, as you all seem to be aware, my birthday was this wednesday past. After a long and frustrating day of work and class, I was lucky enough to spend the evening with Andrew and my two very good friends Monica Hunken (scroll down on the linked page for a great picture of her as the Starbucks' mermaid, or google her and be amazed at the amount of stuff one person can be involved with - she IS activism in New York, kids) and the lovely and talented Tillotama Shome (she's on the left in that picture; she played Alice in Monsoon Wedding, and is horrifically intelligent). Why these people agree to spend time with me, I WILL NEVER KNOW. We tried to go to several different restaurants before settling on one we liked, and then we had outstanding-yet-vegan desserts at a place on the way to Rice to Riches, an all rice-pudding place styled to look like it's from the future, where we had more dessert.

Oh, I should mention that my birthday celebration technically began at 12:01 a.m. on wednesday, when andrew and I ate ice cream cake and played videogames.

So thank you, one and all, for your good wishes, e-mails, calls, and presents - there were even some from people I hadn't heard from in months, who didn't even know I was in NYC! For all this, I am truly grateful.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

happy late birthday

The once and future Dr. Science said...

smc? Saint Monsieur de Croque? Sane middle child? SANTA MICHAEL CLAUS?