Sunday, May 15, 2005

Having Fun and Cake in NYC

This weekend I forced myself (with some help from andrew) to get in some fun. And while said "fun" ended up including housecleaning and the purchase of new roach poison (woo-hoo!), there was still time to watch movies and enjoy 2 - TWO! - different kinds of cake.

Other highlights from this weekend include going bowling (which New York has turned into a club scene - complete with VIP area - and done away with the usual fat, smoky men under bright fluorescent lights I was looking forward to seeing. Thank you, new york, for once again screwing up something that was fine to begin with); also, last night I took in a one-man musical show about the genocide in Rwanda. Hoo-boy, let me tell you now: on the Grand List of Good Ideas, a one-man musical about the genocide in Rwanda is WAY down on the bottom with setting your own hair on fire and trying to eat a hive of angry bees.

No comments: