Thursday, May 05, 2005

And now I'm going to get in the bathtub with my Gameboy.

I have appeared in the staged reading of a play based on interviews with recent immigrants to the United States about whether they feel they could ever truly become "American"; created and conducted (after a first failed attempt) an interactive audio tour of Williamsburg, Brooklyn, based on interviews with residents of that area and their understanding of the brutal impact that gentrification and development are having on their neighborhood; created and performed a show about the disparity between the employment rates of men and women in science and engineering in light of recent comments made by the president of Harvard University and the incredible life story of Rita Levi Montalcini; gone on two auditions; worked through no fewer than ten hours of group meetings; attended a performance of "Arabian Nights"; written more than twenty pages' worth of papers; taught someone how to extract cochlea from mice; participated in moving our entire lab from one room to another; purchased an LCD projector; said goodbye to some really incredible people and did the dishes...

...in the past seven days.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I won't say I'm surprised, but I will tell you I'm impressed. You never cease to amaze me.

Anonymous said...

Kitty-Chan summed up my reaction to this entry perfectly. I couldn't have said it better.