Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Winter's End

"Dodge: I don't wanna talk about anything! I don't want to talk about troubles or what happened fifty years ago or thirty years ago or the race track or Florida or the last time I seeded the corn! I don't want to talk!" -- "Buried Child"

Now the winter was bad, and I don't just mean the weather. From family strife to friends falling ill to money woes and a particularly bad kicking of my already scarred heart, the past few months really did me in.

But that's the thing: these months have passed. And the winter is over and I'm getting better. And I no more want to talk about my troubles now than I did then. Does that mean, as in Buried Child, that someday my son will carry a dead baby through my living room? So be it, friends! I'm going to tell you instead about some new goings-on.

Some recent highlights include dinner with the Freemasons (and putting in my petition for joining), buying a tuxedo, visiting with Craig Van Kempen and recording a new radio play for a Radio Theatre podcast I am putting together. I'm also in a play at the Provincetown, which goes up soon - it's a terrible play, but it's nice to be on stage again.

Saturday I headed to waaaaaay far out Queens for a breakdancing contest, and then onto no fewer than three gallery openings. At one opening, at the Joseph Levine Gallery, I saw the following painting by Matt Haber, entitled "Shipwreck!" which I absolutely love:



Sunday brought a private salsa lesson with my ridiculously hot salsa teacher, and then an evening dissecting at work.

This week will be a lot more rehearsal, but Saturday I've got fun museum plans. Until then!

P.S. Much like my dear Mango Pancakes, I am trying out a new blog template. I needed to shed the old one, but I'm still not totally happy with the new.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yaaayyy! i missed you! well, still do miss you lots, but now i've got a new blog post to read. it's almost like you're here. but not really. so, seriously, you need to visit soon...

Mango Pancakes said...

Ahhhhhhh. Now doesn't that feel good?

Excellent quote.

S said...

i am so glad you are back! a little hibernation does a blog good.

susie.