Friday, April 20, 2007

Travel Update

Last weekend/this week I ventured home to Michigan for a visit and also to celebrate St. Easter's Day (which falls about one week after regular Easter).

The trip was great, although it flew by! I did manage to see a good number of old friends, meet some new ones, get my ear pierced again, and just enjoy the gorgeous spring weather in Ann Arbor. Of particular note was going with Beca to get her nose pierced at a tattoo parlor where her piercer worked in front of a plaque declaring her a member of the NRA Legion of Honor, along with a signed picture of George and Laura Bush saying, "Thanks for the support!" It was quite the image.

The michigan fam and I also took in the Bodies exhibit at Detroit's Science Center, and I'll say again that if you haven't seen this incredible display, you need to. The presentation is both tremendously educational and downright awe-inspiring.

I was very glad to go home, and even though the trip was too short and the time in ann arbor was a mix of three-quarters happy and one-quarter sad (as it always is), I hope I can go again soon. I really miss my family and love spending time with them. And besides, Martin Walsh will be playing Prospero in the Tempest in June's arb show, for crying out loud!

p.s. Of course I saw Sarah, and I was overjoyed to see how set up she is at the new Google offices. The place is VERY cool and Google seems like a fantastic company to work for, so I'm really happy for her!

No comments: