Monday, July 18, 2005

Ye olde news roundup...now with less olde news!

Okay, kids. Mango Pancakes has hit new york! Everyone should applaud and welcome her. We had dinner this evening and I went with her to buy books. Considering she arrived late last night, I'd say she's handling it like a pro. The heart of a champion, I tell you. With Susie soon to follow, that will be a total of two new wonderful kids in New York, which should make the place feel that much more comfortable...

except...

...well, so, I went home for a week, right? And while I was there I met with some folks from the University of Michigan's residential college who are basically offering me the opportunity to design and run my own program training students to go and do community-based theatre in detroit, as part of a collaboration with Matrix Theatre Company. Even though the money's terrible (does ANYONE in michigan have money anymore?), the opportunity is incredible and the work is something I really believe in. Also, there's a good chance I could use this work as the basis for a doctorate degree. Also, I visited the folks at my old science stomping grounds and received several heart-felt "we'd love for you to come back and work here, even part-time" sort of statements, so I could add to my funds that way. Anyways, although I'm not yet 100% decided, it looks strongly like I'll be moving back to the great frozen tundra of ann arbor come January/end of december.

I can't decide how to be both happy and sad at the same time, though, so here's a picture of the Hamburglar and Grimace about to eat a small child.



Seriously, look at Grimace all rubbing his stomach like, "I sure do love baby." For the record, in my head Grimace sounds a lot like Slingblade. And the hamburglar and I both need a haircut.

No comments: