Tuesday, June 14, 2005

would you say I have a plethora of news?

There's big news from the boys on the fourth floor, and here it all is, for you. Just for you.

1) The Fanciest American has moved out of his Fancy Cave and into a new place in Manhattan with his sweet baboo. As a result, Andrew and I have searched a great deal to find a new roomate, because more and more it looks like I'll be here until at least January, and Andrew's here for at least another three years. For those of you who have ever spent time with Andrew, Jim, and I, it can be a little frustrating and unintelligible, so finding someone to fit with us was tough. After interviewing several candidates of varying coolness, we selected Jaina, a recent college grad from St. Louis. She came to the interview with her mother, which was nice, and mentioned that she really liked that Andrew and I seemed like such good friends. We're glad to have her onboard for a July 1st arrival.

2) Speaking of Andrew and things being onboard, Andrew is going into the Navy for the summer! He's been accepted to a summer chaplaincy program through his rabbinical school, and our littlest rabbi makes his way to boot camp either tomorrow or the next day. He'll be gone about two months, and it'd be nice if y'all could send him good wishes and whatnot. I intend to torment him by sending inappropriately addressed letters, for which he can receive all sorts of punishment.

3) I'm making the trip home to Michigan for a week, July 10-17. It's been far too long since I've seen the parents, and had some decent mexican food - which I have yet to find in NYC. If any of you cats on the homefront read this and want to hang out, let me know!

And that, I believe, is all the news I've got.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm all for a new roommate who brings her mom to the interview and appreciates you and Andrew for the special people you are. Welcome to Jaina, but goodbye for now to you, Andrew. I will be sending you good thoughts while you are away, keep safe. As for your coming home, Dr. Science, the lab will be ready...Huzzah!

Anonymous said...

So, basically, you have a 5-bedroom apartment in New York all to yourself for two weeks. Sounds like a sweet deal to me.