Monday, June 06, 2005

One sister..TWO sisters?

In a slightly belated celebration of my birthday, I was taken to brunch at Balthazar- a New York institution, I am told - on saturday by not one but both of my sisters and their significant others. This, dear readers, was a most unusual event - so much so, in fact, that it escapes my memory as to when the last time was that the three of us kids were in the same place. It is incredible how time passes here - it's like no other place I've been in that regard. Weeks and months pass by in a flash, and brunches such as the one on saturday can give rise to a moment's pause to consider how much time has passed.

Oh, he waxes philosophical, does he? No need for that, when there was a parade in chinatown worth mentioning instead. Admittedly, it was the first time I'd heard chinese drumming combined with bagpipes, but hey, it worked surprisingly well. Hilary and her beau wanted to walk around chinatown, so we did that (with the assistance of one Fanciest American) and then I went to work. On the way home i stopped by little Italy only to find - gasp! - another parade. What is it with that part of town?

Today Hilary, Luke and I walked the Brooklyn Bridge and I got to show them the apartment.

At a time of great school, work, and personal life-related stresses, this was a great weekend. And now to ruin that weekend by staying up late doing homework! Huzzah!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I found myself referring to anything fun, funky, or delightfully fortuitious (such as the Chinatown parade and restaurants with unlimited poundcake) as Dr. Science's New York, which is far better than the standard version. We had an absolute blast prowling the streets with you and even a panic attack on the Brooklyn Bridge couldn't dampen the enjoyment. Can't thank you enough.