Thursday, June 16, 2005

Exciting news from the sideburn state

Who is the strongest man in the world?

If the first answer that came to your mind was "Artie," then boy, have I got good news for you. Much to my tremendous joy, one of Nickelodeon's strangest shows ever has had its first season released on DVD: The Adventures of Pete and Pete. Among its fans the wacky stories of the brothers Pete are revered with an almost fanatical zealotry usually reserved only for marvels like the Goonies. I bought the first season and watched several episodes while trying fruitlessly to write more pages for my play (which, like an 800 pound gorilla, has been successfully doing whatever it wants and avoiding my efforts to stay on schedule). The writers for Pete and Pete somehow manage to create exactly the kind of strange, off-beat world I try to come up with whenever writing (I adduce the dancing bear play, or the pirate play, etc.)

Anyways, these DVDs are calling you like a giant funk magnet, and you need to check them out.

No comments: