Tuesday, October 02, 2007

The Muse of dance has a birthday party

In my life I have met some very amazing people, and every once in a while someone comes along who is so creative and passionate in their art that they become a sort of Muse to those around them. Anne Koivunen, of whom I've spoken before, is one, and Lindsey Sherline has been inspiring me, and all those around her, for years.

And if Monday night was any indication, that list now has to include my salsa teacher. Monday's usual salsa night at Taj became her birthday party, and the night was a series of singers, dance performers, drummers, and others all marking her birthday. It was so much fun, and it was really something to see how so many creative people from different backgrounds came together to celebrate her.

I have to say, as though it weren't apparent already, that through all of the nonsense that's gone on in the past many months, my work with my salsa teacher has been great therapy and has really helped me make it through. Happy Birthday, Talia!

No comments: