Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Oh man, Teen Wolf!

I love movies. And the more movies I see, the more I appreciate those that really stand out - the ones you keep talking about weeks after you see them, or that you honestly get excited about when you see they're coming on TV.

Just this past week my friend Maria (just back from seeing her family in Italy) and I saw "Cranes are Flying," a remarkably shot film from 1957 which tells the story of a Russian family's involvement in WWII. The director does some pretty impressive things, and his later film, "I am Cuba," has been brought back for circulation by Francis Ford Coppola and Martin Scorscese. I'll be seeing that this coming weekend.

I also saw the new edition of Blade Runner at the Zigfield Theatre at my brother-in-law's suggestion as part of my eldest sister's birthday celebration (what a convoluted sentence). The new version looks great - the flaws from the old version have been touched up along with the music, and the film's plot holds up surprisingly well.

And tonight, Teen Wolf is on AMC! Teen Wolf!

1 comment:

S said...

i watched teen wolf last halloween. so. good.

i also just rewatched chances are (meh) and can't buy me love (WONDERFUL!!).

ahhh, the 80's.

-svrs.