Saturday, September 01, 2007

Batch update #72 - Laziness on a saturday

I am SO bad about keeping this thing updated! Things pile up and then you get posts like this one.

I flew home recently for a family reunion. It was a really nice time out at my uncle's apple orchard in Romeo, Michigan. He's had a lot of work done on the place since last I was there, and it looks great. Seeing the fam was, as always, re-energizing and calming all at the same time. I also cooked dinner with Hilary (as has become our tradition) and we made Opah.

I also have the pleasure of announcing that Sarah has bought a house with her boy Joey (who will be pictured here when blogger stops being stupid). The house is huge and they are completely renovating it (as if this girl didn't amaze me enough before). The parts that have been redone are like something out of a magazine. I'm so happy for her!

My old tango partner came to town recently, which was great fun. I got to take her out dancing with me at the usual monday night spot, and she really liked it.

Otherwise, things have been good. Work is work, I'm starting to jump through the hoops for my phd applications, and I've been dancing and cooking and running about.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

phd applications?

The once and future Dr. Science said...

senior moments?

we have SO talked about this topic.

Anonymous said...

ok, you have an apple orchard in the family? I don't know if you know I'm obsessed with apples. I eat at least 3 or 4 a day. Take me on a trip to apple heaven! Also, my hair is dark brown now. I've gone into hiding. Miss you! Good luck with the applications...