Thursday, September 20, 2007

No cancer for this kitty; International Talk Like a Pirate Day; the GRE is to fun as...?

Hooray! My sister's cat Bast does not have cancer, as was feared! Bast is a tremendously awesome cat who means a lot to my sister and her fiance, and, as you see below, totally comes equipped with an eye patch. Don't let the sweet (and a little dumb) exterior fool you. Piratecat is on to you.



I was going to post about international talk like a pirate day, but I was studying for the GRE and now it's the day after talk like a pirate day. The GRE is a weird thing. My princeton review book says, and I'm inclined to agree,that the GRE only tests your ability to take the GRE and nothing else. Not knowledge, not intelligence, just whether you can figure out what the test-makers were thinking when they wrote that question. That's it. So when the question asks...

Treaty of Ghent is to oxoglutarate dehydrogenase as:
a) badger is to footrace
b) schooner is to Batman
c)-12 is to lunchbox
d) Mischach is to Abednego


you know the answer is clearly (e) you are wasting time and money on a test your prospective neuroscience programs require you to take but don't really care about.

In other news, I don't want to presume anything, but I think this is about me. I even saw this person and everything! ("acrossed?") Man, this whole internet business kinda frightens me.

Except for this guy. He never frightens me.

No comments: