Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Good luck, Jen! Though the rest of you may really need it.

Saturday I was at work until past nine, but I was able to rush over to a bar on the west side for a farewell send-off for my friend Jen from grad school. She was one of the few with whom I developed a real bond of friendship in grad school, and although she is going to be very happy working with a really fabulous organization providing arts opportunties to kids in Los Angeles, all of New York city will miss her.

And at that same event I crossed paths with two other friends from grad school, one of whom regailed the rest of us with disturbing tales of her apartment in a haunted old hospital in Brooklyn. The creepiest of many strange occurences described was the disembodied giggling of a young girl which will sound when someone else laughs in the apartment.*shiver* I advised that she and her roomate make sure to sleep under a blanket of crosses.

No comments: