Saturday, May 27, 2006

Krapp's 26th

The 25th of may marked my 26th of birthdays. Begun with administrative business at the RC, my day was vastly improved by a trip to see my parents and sister Hilary back in the D. Dinner ensued, and was accompanied by the collection/creation of pirate garb for the upcoming Pirate Bang. Then I jetted back to Ann Arbor to see the midnight show of X-men 3 with some kids from the cast, and then several of us went back to Jose's, where he made baloon animals, juggled, and did his T-trex impression. Then we played Xbox and found it had become 5 in the morning.

This was a rough birthday. 26 feels very old. Lots of "what am I doing with myself" and so forth. Incidentally, I have been much reminded of Krapp's Last Tape, and, in lieu of tapes, I have begun a new tradition of taking a picture of myself every year on my birthday. So...26, eh?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

holy crap i am such a bad bad friend. you called me on my birthday and i did no such thing for yours. who do i think i am? i am so so so so sos osos os os os os osososososos sorry. its almost my parents anniversay and my due date so you can see i am swamped with other activities on that day like...dressing up like a fetus for my due date celebration? no no, why did i say that? oh dear. what i meant to say is, i am really sorry and i hope it was fabulous.

Anonymous said...

and when i say it salmost my parents anniversay i mean may 25th is ALSO my parent's anniversay.

and i am susie schutt by the way.