Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Hi, Royce! ... and then, tales of the Spaniard! [Edited]

Greetings to our newest reader, Royce. Incidentally, he started reading on 5/9, which I take as sufficient justification to claim that Royce da 59 reads my blog.

EDIT: My source was apparently having a senior moment, or was drunk, or possibly both. Apparently the new reader is actually Pete, not Royce. Sadly, there is no Pete Da 59, so this is bad news for all of us. This is the last time I try to do anything. At all. Ever.


And now, onto an extremely abridged version of a convoluted tale: I am now in a play with a spaniard named Jose, who, after I mentioned to him that myself and some other kids from the play had recently gone salsa dancing, insisted that we all go tango dancing, and, two days later, salsa dancing again. I have had more fun dancing than I have spent time sleeping in the past few days, and I was so enchanted by Argentine tango that I'm going with some of the aforementioned folks to Tango lessons on wednesday.

Maybe it's the spring in ann arbor, which explodes like sweet-smelling green fireworks. Maybe it's the release of frustrations from months spent indoors wasting my time in meetings and at home by myself. But now I'm acting and directing again and playing the bass for hours at a time, and dancing my brains out.

Below, incidentally, is a very hilarious picture I found online a long time ago. I was going to go on a salsa dancing date with this woman, and sent her this picture, in jest, with the caption "this is how we will look!" Only she didn't get the joke, and actually replied, "well, I'm not sure I can bend like that, but okay, we can try!" Le SIGH. Yes, do that, madam, and I'll try my hardest to make my hand burst into flames while wearing an expression of sheer madness. Would you go on a date with someone who suggested this? Because you shouldn't.

No comments: