Saturday, August 13, 2005

Big in Japan

Any post whose title is an Alphaville reference has got to be full of goodness, right? Right. So it is with great pleasure and a modicum of "am I really about to do this?" that I announce to you, dear readers, that I shall be taking a trip to Japan for two weeks in October.

This, my first ever trip outside the 51 states (U.S.+Canada), is made possible by a grant from the Hilary and Luke Foundation for a More Japanese Graham, to whom I am tremendously grateful.

I'll be by myself over there, although there are a few folks I'll be looking up. Mainly old doctors like Sho Kanzaki with whom I worked at Kresge. I imagine the trip will be transformative and a thoroughly broadening experience. If you have any suggestions for things I should do while over there, please do not hesitate to let me know!

Act II - The Apartment in Crisis?
Is the famed fourth floor apartment in crisis? If by "crisis" you mean "andrew finally came back from the navy and then left again to go to Nantucket after he, Jaina and I had a very pleasant dinner at that one place I like" then yes, yes it is.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have two comments regarding this spectacular development: (1) keep a journal of your fabulous activities there, to share with all of us left stateside, and (2) don't wear the Nessie suit to Japan...movies about you may be made...or maybe that would be fun after all!