Friday, January 04, 2008

Ye Olde Holiday Newsletter, OR, Well here comes trouble

The holidays were lovely, even if also a little jagged. Christmas saw a brief trip to the motherland, with Hilary and I cooking up some food for the big day, as well as a rather dramatic Christmas eve mass in a church devoid of lights or heat. Oh, and while I never get to see everyone I want to when I go home, I did happen to finally cross paths with someone of particular importance...



That's right, the muse of the visual arts herself, Lindsey Sherline (complete with stylish fake hair). I hadn't seen her in something like 3 or 4 years, and we've both been through a lot of changes. But we had such a good time catching up, and it genuinely does me good to spend time with her.

New year's was the most fun I've had in a while. Cousin Heather came to town and we attended a dinner party at Rachel Razgunas's. Rachel recently moved here with her fiancee, and this was a sort of housewarming/welcome to new york/happy 2008 party. Then Heather and I went dancing at the Brooklyn Lyceum until we were both ready to collapse. Let me tell you - with 2007 having been such a complex and painful year, counting down to midnight while you dance your brains out is a pretty good remedy. Hello, 2008. Let's be friends, shall we?

p.s. I don't want to jinx anything, YOU KNOW I DON'T, but so far (and it's really early still) I've heard back from two of the ten grad schools to which I applied, and both have asked me to come and interview! So keep your collective fingers crossed, internet.

No comments: