Tuesday, August 14, 2007

This might have been the best weekend ever, Or, I guess this means we're not getting back together? (bwahahaha, i kid, i kid!)

I can't even hope to accurately convey how much fun I had this weekend. Susie Harter got married! Her wedding was an adorable celebration of the pure, hopeful love that can only exist between two such wonderful and caring people, and was set against the backdrop of an idyllic, pastoral setting. I really could not be more happy for Susie and Josh!


The wedding was held at a summer camp/resort in upstate New York, and involved a weekend full of campfires, canoeing, hiking, delicious food, dancing, dancing, and dancing. I got to see some folks from college I hadn't seen in a long time, and I met some great new people, too! And, in keeping with my previous post about my friends, I was very pleased to find the guest list for this incredible couple's wedding included a neuroscience phD candidate, a very laid-back physicist who slows down single atoms in the hopes of creating the world's most accurate atomic clock, a man who not only runs health services outreach to HIV positive ex-cons, but also studies the best method for doing so, a gentleman who councils small businesses on environmental sustainability, and many, many other such inspiring folks - all of whom were, even more importantly, as sweet and sincere as can be.

The reception for the wedding was like none other I have been to. It was a fantastic dance party which culminated, very late in the night, in this hilarious and yet also really cool interpretive contact improv dance to "total eclipse of the heart," involving all of the remaining friends and family. Very strange, very funny. Then on to another campfire!

And, even though I got about an hour's worth of sleep all weekend, I still managed to keep things rolling through a very foggy-minded monday to go salsa dancing that night with the incomparable Margaret Conway (pictured here in resplendent hat)!


Tuesday night I was convinced into going to see Bonnie and Clyde at McCarren Park with some friends, but sooner or later I'm going to need some sleep!

P.S. Even though our fling lasted a very short time back in the day, it's still odd to have another ex who's married. This is what, four or five now? One has a baby, for crying out loud, and another's pregnant. Not too much pressure to move things along.

No comments: