Monday, March 27, 2006

Tancredi-ble! (Ugh, seriously?)



Every so often I will step out on the town, and this past Saturday I was invited by my friend and fellow "shakespeare in the arb" alum Virginia to attend a concert performance of Rossi's opera Tancredi at Hill. Though the second act dragged, the first act was fabulous. And at just about 3 hours in length, the demand on the leads would be obvious. I was astounded by the actresses playing Tancredi and the female lead, who kept up very beautiful and suitably loud performances all that time. I always greatly enjoy seeing people who are really good at something practice their art.

And speaking of being "really" good and practicing one's art, perhaps this opera has given me the final inspiration I need to being working on Donkey Kong: An APEra of Love and Barrels.

No comments: