Wednesday, December 14, 2005

So much has happened!

I've been terribly remiss in keeping up-to-date with this. There's been so much going on!



First of all, I had dinner with the fabulous Susie Schutt. I am so glad she's back stateside, because she makes me happy and we could use the help fixing the place up. Are those selfish reasons? Yes.

Second, Thanksgiving. I celebrated Thanksgiving eve with my classmate Julia at the balloon inflating for the Macy's parade. Surreal? Oh hell yes.





"The good news is, we caught Mr. Potatohead. The bad news is, the killings haven't stopped."

Thanksgiving was spent with the relatives in Connecticut. It was a very relaxing, very warm holiday celebration, and I was very glad to have been able to spend the day as I did.

In the next weeks I presented at work on homomeric vs. heterotypic gap junctions and two different models of transgenic inserts with inducible expression I had characterized. I also headed out on the town as much as possible, even visiting secretive bars on the lower East side such as this one with super-rockstar Athena. There's no sign outside, but it's a swingin' joint inside.



Then, my cousin heather came into town and we went out dancing with the Andrew and Jaina (pictured here in a ridiculous pose, for some reason looking like she has a black eye) until 4 in the morning at Plan B.

The next day, we strolled around the city and took in part of the Met - they have this Egyptian temple, the whole thing, on display. It is amazing and you must see it! - before settling in for a huge Italian dinner at Positano in Little Italy. We got back to Brooklyn at around midnight, and were too tired to do anything more than watch SNL and pass out. On Sunday, Heather had to leave early to make it back to Boston in time for a dance rehearsal, and I went to a surprisingly opulent brunch at the Medical Center. The afternoon was spent having pastries and walking around Riverside Park with the gorgeous Maria Politano, my friend from Italy, who said I could come and stay with her when she returns home this summer!

...and I think that brings me up to date. Oh, and I finished grad school. Again. Hopefully this time it'll stick.

p.s. three new Japan days are up! Check them out!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thanks for the picture and mention and sweetness.

sounds like you are seeing new york the way one should before they leave.

i'm worried i might not see you before you go. i have no plans to go to nyc as of yet and with the strike, i'm not sure i want to risk it. (is it still going on?) when do you actually leave?

congrats on finishing grad school (for the second time)!!!

-svrs