Friday, December 23, 2005

Engaged! also: Otolaryngolojam!

Ain't no party like a scientist party...because they're always just so awkward. Athena and I attended my department's Holiday shindig the other day, and it was a pretty pleasant time in an otherwise foul week (thanks, strikers!). It took us about an hour to go twenty blocks in a cab after the party, but, whatever, the strike's over now and things can get back to normal.

OR CAN THEY? Um, no.

And I'll give you what are possibly the two most unrelated reasons:


1) My sister hilary got engaged!
The ring, designed by him just for her, is made of rose gold and other terms I don't understand. But what I do know is that she and her gentleman suitor are happy together and will continue that way and, therefore, so too am I happy. One sister married and another engaged? Weren't they just twelve and fighting with me over the front seat?


2) This bear poops prime numbers!

Tonight I'm going to see "A Christmas Story" at the Landmark Sunshine Theatre with Athena and her little sisters. I hope I don't shoot my eye out...

No comments: