Monday, December 04, 2006

These, right here, are good people. And then I'm in there, too.



On thursday I was overjoyed to attend a soiree held by Annie, the sister of one Mango Pancakes, in honor of Ms. Pancakes' trip to NYC. The event afforded me the opportunity to catch up with some great people, three of whom are pictured here. I want to single two of them out, although, really, it's like singling out just one.

Margusie. Sugaret. Margaret and Susie, hetero life partners, have been an inspiration to those aspiring to friendship for as long as I have known them, lo these many years, and they are both such wonderful people in their own rights, too. Margaret does amazing things incorporating theatre into learning for children, and Susie teaches 2nd grade better and with more heart and dedication than anyone else, ever. These are two people who push the scales of the world balance back toward good while the rest of us jerks are out there screwing it up. Seriously, these two are so great and deserve such wonderful things. Which is also why I'm happy that susie has found herself engaged! Congrats, susie. And mingo, well, she's not engaged, but she's got herself someone who makes her very happy (and is so nice it almost creeps me out).

And as for Zack, pictured here, I think he'd appreciate being left undescribed. He knows what he did. It was great to see folks like these, as well as Annie, Brendan, the other Graham, Max, and Brian.

No comments: