Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Celebrooklyn Brelebrate. Er, wait...OR, My head asplode!

This weekend involved far too much moving of heavy things. Inga Katinka moved in, and The Fanciest American picked up some of his stuff for his move to Long Island. Therefore, while all the cool kids went to coney island for the siren festival, I punked out and went instead to Celebrate Brooklyn.



I went to CB last year with 'Lil Shari Strauss, who snuck me into the VIP area; that was a great time, and so was this. CB s held scant few blocks from my place, in prospect park, lasts for several weeks, there are a ton of good bands, and the audience demographics are more to my liking (fewer hipsters and scenesters, more crepe-paper parties, BBQs, and families hanging out). See? Photographic illustration. It has a sort of "super-sized southwest detroit" feel.



And it's either ridiculously cheap, or free. I opted for free, because you have more space. It gets crowded in the fenced in area, and apparently I wasn't the only one skipping out on a not-exactly-whopping $3 ticket price.



It was a great even. I saw a band called, i think, Group Sonidoro, or something. They played North Mexican salsa music, and were followed by Nortec Collective - which could rightly be called Nerdtec Collective, as it was mexican nerds mixing bad salsa with bad techno. Still, a very fun event in all. I'll most likely go back soon.

And yes, I am posting this at like 4:45 in the a.m., because it was so painfully hot and high pressure here today that I developed an Eye Exploding Headache. So I came home from work and passed out until almost 2 a.m. Lousy global warming.

No comments: