Saturday, February 18, 2006

The unbearable cuteness of these beings



My dear Mango Pancakes's recent post finally made me own up to something kinda shameful: I really love pictures of cute animals. Helping my day out with pictures such as these seems to match a growing trend on the internet. It started with PandaCam and our pal Butterstick (this morning he was sleeping in a tree!), and then went on to cuteoverload.com - this year nominated for a Bloggie as "best new blog" - and then babyanimalz.com, and now, imreallysad.com.



It's not like the internet is new, or anything, so why now, at this crucial moment in our nation's history do we find this sudden up....awww, that bunny's stealing a cookie! Wait, what was I talking about? Oh, right. Anyways, with news items like the Abu Gharib and Gitmo prison torture scandals, Abramoffgate, the Palestinian elections, and so forth, I'm putting this theory out there: the...oh, look, they're sitting in kiddie swings! Wait, huh? What? Maybe I need to retract my former post. Maybe the time is right for human-animal hybrids. I'd have a much harder time feeling bad about our president if he was cute, fuzzy, and, I don't know, dressed like a bumblebee or something.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Deep down, I really wrote that post for you.

Anonymous said...

glad to know i'm not the only person who visits cuteoverload.com at least once a day.