Monday, February 06, 2006

Back on the big screen -or- radio free fungus



The gentleman in this photo is wearing a "Langhorne Slim" T-shirt and I am in his new movie. His name is Mikey Berringer, and he's one of those good people you can't go wrong by knowing. We had a great time filming the short movie on Saturday, and I'm excited to see the final product.

Saturday night saw the creation of a very different creative work. Naomi and I headed to Detroit to watch the live recording of the Radio Playwrights' new work "Spore Wars," produced in conjunction with the library for the blind and physically handicapped. The play was an old-fashioned radio sci-fi drama about a "Humongous fungus" that rises up to reclaim the earth for mother Nature. It was supremely goofy and a really fun experience.

It's been tough - and really, how many more times can I beat this dead horse? - because I know so few people in Ann Arbor of similar age/interests to my own. I feel like between boredom and university bureacracy I am wasting a great deal of time and life, and I'd prefer not to feel that I am watching the world pass me by. So these two events were great, and I hope there are more of the sort to come.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have'nt you caught on yet, good things, good people and good times come to you. Stealing a line from Field of Dreams " build it and they will come" seems to fit.

Anonymous said...

Mikey!

Also, speaking of good people, Chris Vine says hi and sends his love.