Monday, June 02, 2008

Birthday'd!!




You might at first think this post is late for my birthday. "But Graham," you'll say, "your birthday was more than a week ago, on the 25th of May!" and yes, technically, in your bithdo-fascist worldview, you'd be right. A single day for your birthday is a crime - it's impossible to schedule around and really isn't very much fun that way.

This year was different. On the friday before, I went out dancing with my friend Rachel from undergrad, saturday was taken to dinner by another friend, sunday went to dinner with a whole bunch of folks at this fantastic Tibetan restaurant, then went to see Indiana Jones (which we all really enjoyed). Monday, my much-loved salsa teacher turned the regular Monday night party into a birthday party for me, and Tuesday night (while not a birthday matter but still good news) I was installed as an officer of my Masonic Lodge. The following Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday I was taken to dinner again by friends, and then concluded my birthday week with a lovely day in the park. See? Isn't that a much better way to celebrate? I am totally spoiled by having really great friends.

No comments: